Mystic is a small town in Connecticut that’s known for its beautiful natural scenery and quiet, quaint neighborhoods. It’s also a popular tourist destination, with attractions like the Mystic Aquarium and the Mystic Seaport. If you’re looking for things to do in Mystic, there are plenty of options available. Here are our top 10 tips for things to do in Mystic:
1. Take a walk around the town center. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to browse, as well as interesting historical landmarks like the former inn that now houses the Mystic Museum.
2. Explore the Aquarium. This renowned attraction features both salt and fresh water exhibits, as well as interactive activities like shark feeding and learning how to rescue sea stars.
How to get around Mystic
1. There are many ways to get around Mystic. The bus system is very efficient and provides a lot of options, including the option to purchase tickets ahead of time. You can also walk and bike around town, or take the ferry across the river.
2. One great thing about Mystic is that there are so many parks nearby, perfect for a summer afternoon picnic or a day of hiking and exploration! Some of our favorites include The Bullard Estate Park, which has an outdoor pool, tennis courts, and BMX tracks, as well as Echo Lake State Park with its beautiful lake and sandy beaches.
What to do when you’re stuck in Mystic
If you find yourself stuck in Mystic, Conn., there are a few things to do to pass the time.
Head over to The Mystic Tea Room for a cup of tea and some delightful conversation. This historic tea room is known for its amazing views of the town.
If you’re looking for something more active, head to the Mystic River Park for a bike ride or hike. There’s also a playground here that’s perfect for kids.
Finally, if you’ve got an afternoon free, consider checking out the Museums at Mystic Seaport Museum or The Norwalk Historical Society Museum. Both museums have extensive collections of historical artifacts from throughout Connecticut and New England.
Things to see and do in Mystic
What to see and do in Mystic, CT
There are plenty of things to do in Mystic, CT, whether you’re looking to explore the town’s historic downtown or spend a day outdoors hiking, biking or swimming. Here are some top picks:
1. Take a walk down Main Street and explore the shops and restaurants that line its charming sidewalks. There’s also a Farmers’ Market on Saturday mornings from April through October.
2. Head to the Mystic River for a scenic hike or bike ride. There is also a playground and pavilion for visitors along the river’s edge.
Restaurants in Mystic
Here are our top picks for where to eat in Mystic:
1. The Blue Lagoon: This seafood restaurant is a local favorite and offers fresh, quality seafood at reasonable prices. They have a wide variety of dishes to choose from, including lobster bisque, fresh fish fillets, and seared tuna steak.
2. Mulligan’s Grill: This bar-restaurant is perfect for a night out with friends. It has a unique atmosphere with exposed brick walls and wood floors; the staff is friendly and will make you feel at home.
Activities to do in Mystic
If you’re looking for things to do in Mystic, CT, be sure to check out these top attractions:
1. The Mystic Museum of Art: This museum has a variety of art exhibits, from paintings by renowned artists like Vincent van Gogh and Claude Monet to contemporary pieces by local talent.
2. The Old North Church: This historic church is home to some beautiful stained glass windows and an impressive organ. You can also take a guided tour or explore on your own.
Tips for staying healthy and enjoying your retirement in Mystic
Take some time to enjoy your retirement in Mystic. Here are some tips to help make the most of your time away from work:
1. Make a schedule and stick to it. Planning ahead will help you stay on track and avoid feeling overwhelmed by all the new responsibilities that come with retirement.
2. Get out and explore the area. There are plenty of things to do in Mystic, whether you want to visit local attractions or take a hike in one of the area’s many parks.
3. Stay active. Even if you don’t feel like going out for a walk, incorporating some light exercise into your day is still important for keeping your body healthy and helping to reduce stress levels.
As the leaves start to change colors and fall from the trees, it is time to gear up for some autumn fun. Here are 10 tips for things to do in Mystic this season:
1. Attend one of the many Pumpkin Walks that take place around town.
2. Head over to the Mystic Winery and sample some of their delicious wines.
3. Enjoy a day out at the beach or on a beautiful riverbank.
4. Take a trip downtown to check out all of the holiday festivities happening downtown.